The American School of Puerto Vallarta provides a quality “American-style” education to children living in the Puerto Vallarta vicinity. The American School is affiliated, sponsored or accredited by the following agencies:
- Southern Association of Independent Schools (SAIS)
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools/Council on Accreditation and School Improvement (SACS-CASI)
- Mexican Ministry of Education (SEP)
- National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM)
- Association of American Schools in Mexico (ASOMEX)
- U.S. Department of State Office of Overseas Schools. See our listing here
- The Association of American Schools of Central America, Colombia, Caribbean and Mexico (Tri-Association)
- Association for the Advancement of International Education (AAIE)
COLLEGE ENTRANCE EXAMINATION BOARD CODE (CEEB): 870900
THE CEEB code is a standardized ID number that is assigned to a high school, college, or university. CEEB codes are issued by the Educational Testing Service (ETS). These 4- to 6-digit codes are mostly used in college entrance exams such as the SAT and ACT. Many universities use CEEB codes on their applications.
WHY IS ACCREDITATION IMPORTANT?
- Accreditation represents a commitment to quality education.
- Accredited schools have a common core of transferable studies that meet world standards, differentiated only by typicality and appropriate concessions to culture.
- Accredited schools undergo regular re-evaluation by teams of professional educators whose focus is on school improvement and measuring student progress.
- Accreditation is a “seal of approval” and although not essential, it is important for students who will re-enter a school or university in the United States.
Read more about why accreditation is important at AdvanceED site.
K-12 EDUCATIONAL ONLINE RESOURCES
Listed below are links to a number of helpful websites that provide additional information about bilingual K-12 education and accredited educational facilities in Mexico and around the world.
For information on Southern Association of Colleges and Schools accreditation (SACS-CASI) click here.
For more information about SACS-AdvancED, click here.
For additional information about SACS-AdvancED, you may also click here.
For information on Asomex – The Association of American Schools in the Republic of Mexico click here.
For our listing with the U.S. Department of State click here.